Recent publications by faculty, students and post-doctoral fellows of the Murray State Biology Department
Current faculty and current or former post-doctoral fellows are in bold . Current or former students are marked with an asterisk (*).
View the faculty page for more information on research areas in the Biology Department.
- Hammond-Weinberger DR , Wang Y, Gravis-Bloom A, Spitzer NC (2020) Mechanism for neurotransmitter-receptor matching. Proc Natl Acad Sci 117 (8) 4368-4374
- Moon JB , Wardrop DH, Siobhan Fennessy M, Ingram HM, Britson A, Okoro MH (2020) Variation in surface and subsurface nitrogen cycling in headwater floodplain wetlands due to soil type and wetland condition. Wetlands Ecol Manage DOI 10.1007/s11273-020-09741-0
- Woods D, Vangaveti S, Egbanum I, *Sweeney AM, Li Z, Bacot-Davis V, LeSassier DS, Stanger M, *Hardison GE, Li H, Belfort M, Lennon CW (2020) Conditional DnaB protein splicing is reversibly inhibited by zinc in mycobacteria. mBio 11:e01403-20. https://doi.org/10.1128/ mBio.01403-20.
- Beckers OM (2020) Phenotypic plasticity related to temperature induces song variation in the field cricket Gryllus rubens. Ethology 126:781-790
- Hammond-Weinberger DR , ZeRuth GT (2020) Whole Mount Immunohistochemistry in Zebrafish Embryos and Larvae. J. Vis. Exp. (155), e60575, doi: 10.3791/60575
- *Tindell SJ, Rouchka EC, Arkov AL (2020) Glial granules contain germline proteins in the Drosophila brain, which regulate transcriptome. Communications Biology https://doi.org/10.1038/s42003-020-01432-z
- Whiteman HH (2020). Arrested Development- Longevity is the trade-off for early reproduction by tiger salamanders that never grow up. Natural History , 128(2), 34-39
- *Vo HDL, Wahiduzzaman , *Tindell SJ, *Zheng J, Gao M , Arkov AL (2019) Protein components of ribonucleoprotein granules from Drosophila germ cells oligomerize and show distinct spatial organization during germline development. Scientific Reports , 9(1):19190. Epub 2019/12/18 .
- * Richardson BM, Flinn, MB (2019) Increased Probability and Efficiency of Gar Capture Using Multi- vs. Monofilament Gill Nets. Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management 10(2):551-562
- Darracq AK , * Tandy J (2019) Misuse of habitat terminology by wildlife educators, scientists, and organizations. The Journal of Wildlife Management . https://doi.org/10.1002/jwmg.21660
- Coulter A, Adams R, Flinn MB , Whiles M, Burr BM, Sheehan RJ, Garvey JE (2019) Extended Water-Level Drawdowns in Dammed Rivers Enhance Fish Habitat: Environmental Pool Management in the Upper Mississippi River. Environmental Management DOI: 10.1007/s00267-018-1116-4
- *Moore MP, Whiteman HH , Martin RA (2019) A mother’s legacy: the strength of maternal effects in animal populations. Ecology Letters 22:1620-1628
- Mott CL, Dzaferbegovic H, Timm SR, Whiteman HH (2019) Influences of facultative paedomorphosis on kin selection in a larval salamander, Ambystoma talpoideum . Behaviour 156:287-306
- Lackey ACR , *Moore MP, *Doyle J, Gerlanc N , *Hagan A, *Geile M, *Eden C, Whiteman HH (2019) Lifetime fitness, sex-specific life history, and the maintenance of a polyphenism. The American Naturalist https://doi.org/10.1086/704156