Chemical Services Laboratory
The mission of the Chemical Services Laboratory is to: (i) provide state-of-the-art chemical analytical services and expertise in order to support the educational and research needs of the Chemistry Department and the Watershed Studies Institute, (ii) prepare students for successful careers/higher education that recognize chemical analysis training as a key job asset and (iii) act as a resource center for users of chemical analysis data in the Murray State University community, regional industries and the universities in the region and beyond.
A group of technically-trained, problem-solving oriented, entrepreneurial Chemistry faculty, staff, and students dedicated to the concept of regional and University service through a broad spectrum of chemical analysis.
We provide analytical services and custom synthesis in the areas of, but not limited to
- Environmental Analysis
- Water, air, soil and tissues
- Organic Synthesis including Custom Synthesis
- Inorganic Substance Analysis
- Controlled Substance Analysis
- Bioassay and Bio-analytical Techniques
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry (several types)
- Continuous Wave and Fourier Transform Nuclear Magnetic
- Resonance Spectrophotometry (NMR)
- Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography
- Infrared Spectroscopy
- Ion Chromatography
- Ultraviolet-Visible Spectrophotometry
- Wet Methods of Analysis
- X-Ray Fluorescence Analysis
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) with cooling capability to -90C
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- Brookfield Viscometer with small sample adapter.
- Hydra II AF -Mercury Analyzer
Maintenance and calibration of instruments are performed regularly. Appropriate quality assurance and quality control analysis, as required by the customer, are performed to maintain accuracy and precision.
Our experienced Ph.D. level professionals provide prompt response and personalized service. We strive to maintain the highest degree of scientific excellence using dependable state-of-the-art equipment and standards at a reasonable/competitive price. Chemical analysis, custom synthesis, consulting service fee charged by the Chemical Services Laboratory are determined by numerous factors. Please direct questions regarding services and price details at the address given below:
For Additional Information Write:
Dr. Kevin Revell, Chair
Department of Chemistry
Jesse D. Jones Hall
Murray State University
Murray, KY 42071