Getting Started at Murray State
To start using GI Bill education benefits, you must be admitted to Murray State University. Then you have the opportunity to receive your military benefits that will go toward your education. US News has ranked Murray State University 14th for the 2021 year as the Best Colleges for Veterans and contiues to be dedicated to serving our nations veterans. Review the forms below to get started!Click the arrow for more information
Applying for Education Benefits
Eligibility for veteran and dependent education benefits is determined by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA). The, Murray State University office of Veterans Affairs will help you complete the application and certify your enrollment to the DVA so you can receive benefits.
Types of Benefits
- Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill™
- Edith Nourse Rogers STEM Scholarship - A program for students training in high demand STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields.
- Fry Scholarship - A scholarship for children and dependents of a veteran who died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001
- Chapter 31 - Veteran Readiness & Employment Program
- Chapter 35 - Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill- Selected Reserves (MGIB_SR)
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill- Active Duty (MGIB_AD)
- Tutorial Assistance - Reimbursement for paid tutoring
Education Benefit Checklist
Eligible veterans, service members, and dependents will need to follow the checklist for the chapter for which they are going to be receiving benefits to ensure timely payment of benefits.
Continuing Education Benefits
Operation Graduation Scholarship
Murray State University offers a renewable fund to aid student veterans with purchasing text books needed to pursue their Murray State degree. Students must buy text books from the Murray State bookstore only. The guidelines and requirements for eligibility of this scholarship can be found on the Scholarships website. For more information, contact us at 270.809.3754 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to donate to this fund, please visit the Development website. Select the "Give Now" button and fill in all required information. Select "Other" for Gift Designation and type "Operation Graduation" in the comments box. This will allow the funds to be set aside for this specific purpose.