Estimated Yearly Tuition and Fees -- International Students 2018-2019
|Tuition and fees||$19,540*||$14,400*||$10,620*|
|Housing and meals||$9,170||$6,880||$6,880|
|Books and insurance||$1,232||$1,232||$1,232|
Do you have questions about estimating your scholarship? Contact us:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: +1 2708094223
International Academic Achievement Scholarships
- Awarded upon admission to new, first-year international bachelor's students.
- No separate application is required.
- Valued at approximately $1,500 to $11,724 per year and renewable for four years.
- Available to self-funded students. Not available to government-sponsored students.
Estimated Scholarship Amounts and Criteria
- Provost International Scholarship - $11,724 per year
minimum IELTS 7.5 or TOEFL 102 or SAT 1300 or ACT 28, and high school GPA 3.5
- Carr International Scholarship - $8,793 per year
minimum IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL 94 or SAT 1230 or ACT 26, and high school GPA 3.5
- University International Scholarship - $3,908 per year
minimum IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 79 or SAT 1160 or ACT 24, and high school GPA 3.0
- Deans International Scholarship - $1,500 per year
minimum IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 71 or SAT 1060 or ACT 21, and high school GPA 3.
Please review the complete scholarship information and eligibility requirements for International Academic Achievement Scholarships.
International Transfer Scholarships (New Transfers from US Colleges)
$2,000 scholarship awarded each semester for up to four semesters
Requires minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA AND at least 45 undergraduate credit hours from a college in the United States
Partner University Scholarships - (Not on Exchange)
Awarded to students from partner universities
$2,500 Global Outreach Scholarship plus $2,500 Partner University Scholarship each semester
International Leadership Scholarships
International Leadership Scholarships are merit-based and are available for outstanding international students who demonstrate leadership abilities through community service experience, volunteering and extracurricular activities. Scholarships are awarded for four years of undergraduate study or two years of graduate study.
- Undergraduate: valued at approximately $10,000 per year - tuition with scholarship applied: $9,084
- Apply for admission using the $50 Online Application for Admission and submit complete documents.
- Write a 400-500 word essay describing your extracurricular activities and how you plan to use your time at Murray State University to increase intercultural understanding, both of yourself and those around you.
- Obtain two letters of recommendation from professors, teachers, or community organizers.
- Submit the Scholarship Application and attach your essay and letters of recommendation.
- Applications will be accepted until September 15th for students starting in January and until March 15th for students starting in August.
Murray State University will award two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50% tuition for international undergraduate students starting in the Fall 2019 semester.
Murray State University Scholarships
Murray State University Scholarships are awarded to students pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree at Murray State University. These scholarships provide a variety of academic, athletic, and service-based scholarship award opportunities to both domestic and international students. There are many different types of scholarships available.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarships
Murray State University will award a scholarship of $1,000 per year for all international students holding the IB Diploma. Newly admitted students will receive the scholarship upon submission of the official IB transcript showing that the student has been awarded the diploma with at least 24 points.
Scholarship for Citizens of Belize
Citizens of Belize who have studied or are currently studying at a COBEC member institution in Belize are eligible for the COBEC scholarship at Murray State University. This scholarship is awarded to students automatically without a separate scholarship application.
- The scholarship for undergraduate students is valued at approximately $9,000 per year. The estimated tuition with the scholarship applied is $9,820 per year.
- The scholarship for graduate students is valued at approximately $10,307 per year. The estimated tuition with the scholarship applied is $10,054 per year.
*Bachelor's tuition is the amount after the automatic $5,000 Global Outreach Scholarship is applied. Based on 30 credit hours per year -- $1,022.50 for each additional credit hour.
*Master's tuition is based on 18 credit hours per year -- $800 for each additional hour
*New ESL students will be charged an additional $125, including airport pickup fee ($75), ITP TOEFL placement test fee ($30), and Murray State ID card fee ($20).