Build new habits
Whether we realize it or not, a lot of our daily behavior is composed of habits. These are automatic behaviors that we do without thinking, and we generally do them the same way every day. While there is a great deal of science behind habit formation, Racer Wellness is incorporating a simple and fun way to help you focus on being more intentional about building positive habits and making them stick throughout the year.
Racer Wellness has created the acronym below to assist with the process of building and sustaining new habits.
R = Remember to have fun
A = Associate the new habit with an existing one
C = Consistently repeat the habit in the same time and place
E = Eliminate barriers and keep it simple
R = Reward yourself for sticking to your habit
S = Substitute positive habits in place of negative ones
2023 Healthy Habits
Lunch and Learn (Zoom): Type 2 Diabetes
Wednesday, February 15, 2023 | 12:00pm - 12:45pm
- Please join Dr. Summer Cross, School of Nursing and Health Professions, as she discusses Type 2 Diabetes.
- Register for the Lunch and Learn. You will receive the Zoom link the morning of the event via email.
Wednesday, March 1 and Thursday, March 2
- Registration will be required
- More information coming soon
Diabetes Care Plan: Omada through Express Scripts
- If you meet certain criteria you may be eligible for diabetes resources through Express Scripts and Omada.
- You may receive communication via mail or email about this program and can respond from those or you can call 1.866.518.9737 to receive more information.
- This is a free program to Murray State employees who are enrolled in our health insurance plan.
- You’ll get secure, 24/7 access to
- An Omada health coach to keep you on track
- A wireless smart scale to monitor progress (and keep for good)
- A personalized dashboard to guide your journey
- An online community personalized to your interests
Lunch and Learn (Zoom): Hinge Health
- Thursday, April 13 | 12pm – 12:45pm
- Wednesday, April 19 | 12pm – 12:45pm
- Join one of our two sessions to learn about a new program, Hinge Health, that will be available to Murray State faculty, staff and dependents 18+ on the Murray State Health Plan mid-April at no out-of-pocket cost.
- Wellness Pledge participants will receive credit for attending.
- Registration and event information:
- Hinge Health is a program that allows you to receive personalized care for muscle
and joint pain through a digital musculoskeletal clinic that includes both physical
and behavioral support from a complete care team. To learn more, watch the video detailing the benefit.
Primary Care Provider (PCP) Campaign
Preventive screenings are pivotal to staying on top of current and future health concerns. They allow opportunities for documenting baselines with a primary care provider (PCP), education, prevention and/or detecting an issue before it develops further. As a reminder, a PCP serves as your main healthcare provider in non-emergency situations. Please refer to the Healthy Habits and Racer Wellness pages for more information.
We are asking faculty and staff to consider establishing a PCP, which includes:
- Choosing a provider and scheduling an appointment for a preventive screening that is needed for you.
- If you already have a PCP, determine if you are up to date on all preventive screenings. If you are behind on a screening, contact your provider to schedule an appointment.
- If you are taking the 2023 Wellness Pledge, this campaign will count for Phase 2 by completing the Primary Care Provider Campaign form.
Healthy Tools page on the Racer Wellness website
Racer Wellness has created a Healthy Tools website that you are encouraged to bookmark and utilize. There are multiple resources that are available to our faculty and staff at no cost., such as our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Wayne Corp and Know Your Rx Pharmacy Coalition.
Voya Accident/Critical Illness Wellness Reimbursement
If you are enrolled in the Voya Accident and/or the Voya Critical Illness plan, you are eligible for wellness reimbursements. These are easily attainable and must be submitted by the end of the calendar year.
Anthem Sydney App
Anthem’s Sydney app provides you a quick and easy way to access your claims information, ID cards, virtual primary care appointments and more.