Undergraduate Programs in Finance
Are you interested in the field of Finance as a possible career? If so, you are considering one of the most dynamic, exciting majors that exist today. From the world's stock exchanges to multinational corporations to highly competitive banking and financial service firms, finance has mesmerized the world during the past two decades. The demand for finance specialists has increased dramatically and employment in the field has skyrocketed. Magazine articles touting "the 10 best careers for the new century" invariably list one or two finance positions. Few career choices offer the combination of growth, high income and dynamism that finance extends to you.
What is Finance Like?
It is analytical, it uses accounting information
It is based on economic principles
It is international in perspective
It is very dynamic and changes constantly
It provides good job opportunities
Finance Program at Murray State University
Students in the finance program can pursue an area of finance, finance with financial planning track or finance with commercial banking track. The program is accredited by AACSB.
“While faculty friendliness and known opportunities are what sold me on pursuing a finance degree at Murray State, the networking relationships maintained by faculty are what allowed me to go get my foot in the door to an organization where my financial career is thriving.”
-Stephen McMorris, Senior Bank Examiner,
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis – Memphis Branch
What can I do with a degree in finance?
When you earn a finance degree at Murray State, you'll be prepared to do great things. Our grads work for major companies in a variety of industries.
- Risk and Compliance Consultant, Protiviti, IL – 2023
- Financial Advisor Development Program, Vanguard, TX – 2023
- Financial Advisor, Clinton Bank, KY – 2022
- Financial Planner, Marcus W Bosley & Associates, KY - 2022
- Account Representative, Judd Edwards State Farm, AL - 2022
- Financial Institutional Specialist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, OH – 2022
- Relationship Banker, Heritage Federal Credit Union, IN – 2022
- Contracts Manager, Boeing, MO – 2021
- Relationship Banker, Bank of America, SC – 2021
- Finance Associate, Eclipse Bank, KY – 2021
- Pharmaceutical Sales, Astra Zeneca, KY - 2021
- Client Services and Operations, Vanguard, NC – 2021
- Financial Analyst, Centene Corporation, KY – 2021
- Health Insurance and Medicare Advisor, Tyler Insurance, KY – 2021
- Healthcare Data Analyst, Ernst & Young, IN – 2020
- Director of Regulatory & Government Affairs, DUO Broadband, KY - 2020
- Supply Chain Manager, Bon Secours Mercy Health, KY – 2020
- Branch Office Administrator, Edward Jones, KY – 2020
- Commercial Portfolio Manager, Paducah Bank, KY – 2020
- Financial Advisor, Strategic Financial Partners, TN – 2020
- Associate Portfolio Manager, AllianceBernstein, TN – 2019
- Field Operations Support Analyst, Tennessee Valley Authority, TN – 2019
- Associate Wealth Management Advisor, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, MO – 2019
- Area Manager II, Amazon, KY – 2019