Major in History
The requirements listed below apply for students entering Murray State University at the present time. Criteria as they may relate to individual students may vary. See the Undergraduate Bulletin at the time of enrollment for more information.
Required History Courses: (1 Hr)
- HIS 100 - Freshman Transitions
Three of the following courses: (9 Hrs)
- HIS 201 - Modern Europe
- HIS 202 - Understanding Global History
- HIS 221 - American Experience to 1865
- HIS 222 - American Experience Since 1865
Both of the following courses: (6 hrs)
- HIS 300 - Introduction to Historical Studies (a grade of C or better)
- HIS 400 - Senior Seminar (a grade of C or better)
History Limited Electives: (18 Hrs)
- Global History (6 hours)
- U.S. History (3 hours)
- European History (3 hours)
- History Electives (6 hours)
A Senior research project will be completed by each student in History 400.
Each Student has 33 hours that must include a Minor as well as additional electives.