Welcome to Hart Hall, home of the Hart Ravens!
Hart is located at the Heart or Center of the Residential Circle. It is in front of Winslow Dining. Hart is the largest residence hall on campus! It is a 7 story hall with residents living on 2nd thru 7th floors and total capacity is 534 residents. Here is the breakdown of the floors:
- 2nd, 3rd and 2 wings of 4th floor are all male floors
- 2 wings of 4th and 5th are mix gendered floors. The rooms are assigned by gender, but you can live next to someone of different gender.
- 6th and 7th floors all female floors
Hart is an energetic and exciting community! As it is the largest hall, there are so many friends to be made. This is a great option for first year students looking to connect with other students starting their Murray State experience. Below you will find information about the room set-up, amenities, and how to get involved and become a part of the Hart Ravens Community!
"Hart College has provided me with an experience of a lifetime. Coming home to Hart College each day always makes my day and being a part of RCC has been one of the best things to happen to me at Murray State. Go Hart College and thank you to everyone who helps make it a home away from home!”
All rooms in Hart are set-up the same way. You will be assigned to one room with a roommate attached to a bathroom you share with another two residents. Below are approximate dimensions of the rooms.
Room Dimension- 11'x17', Ceiling Height 8'4"
Window- 23.5"W x 105"H
Movable furniture- Desk, desk chair, and bed frame and XL twin mattress (80")
Built In Furniture- closets (30"W), sink, and vanity area.
Room Pictures- Ready for you to make a home!
Keeping Hart Safe and Healthy
- All of our halls are secured by a swipe access system. Only the residents of the building will have swipe access at the front door. If you are checking in a guest or someone is coming to visit you, you will have to sign them in at the front desk.
- Our Front Desk is open 24/7 for residents needing assistance. Residents can check out kitchen, gaming, and cleaning supplies at the front desk and more!
- Hart has staff on duty every night. If you have any concerns, staff is there for you to assist you whenever you need them.
- Hart has trash room on each floor for students to utilize for everyday trash. If you have large boxes to breakdown and dispose of, there is a dumpster in the back of Hart.
First floor lobby
Lots of couches, 2 TVs, and gaming equipment to use. You will see lots of residents hanging out watching movies, and playing games.
1st floor (pool table, ping pong table, air hockey table, and vending machines 2 soda/1snack)
located on the 1st floor at the back of the game room. This is a reservable space for programs, meetings, study sessions, or group projects. Max capacity 20.
2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th. Located on the west wing of the building. These are usable spaces for all residents at any time.
2nd and 5th floor (2 stoves, ice machine, sink, counter space, and tables/chairs). You have to check out a key at the front desk to use the stoves. There is also cooking equipment to check out at the front desk.
2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th floors. 2 washers and 2 driers and counter space to fold clothes. Set a timer to change over laundry.
2nd floor elevator lobby (2 soda, 1 snack)
In the lobby of Hart there is a copy machine for residents use. Residents will need their RacerCard and print money to be able to use the machine.
- Hart is full of programs and activities to get involved in on a weekly basis. Your Resident Advisors (RAs) and the Residential College Council (RCC) facilitate a variety of programs to enhance the community, provide fun learning outside the classroom, and to build a stronger connection in Hart. If you have any ideas for great programming talk with your RA or RCC.
- Housing and Residence Life provides opportunities leadership opportunities not only int he hall, but for the entire residential community. The Residential College Association (RCA) and The National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) and two great organizations to get involved in. If you have questions about how to get involved before coming to campus, contact the Housing Office and we will get you connect!
- Being a Hart Raven allows you to participate in sports and academic teams as well.
To find out more information on this go the Residential College Page below or when
you arrive talk with your RCC Executive Board.