Housing Forms

Housing Move Request Form


The Move Request Form is for individuals requesting to move rooms. There are three options for a move request:

  1. Requesting to move inside their current residential college

  2. Requesting to moving to another residential college

  3. Requesting to move to a private or buyout their room as a private (may not be available in every building).

Once the form is complete, a staff member of your current hall will be in contact with you to discuss your desire to move. Moves will be approved on a weekly basis. If you have questions about the status of your move, please contact the Housing Office.

Interim Break Housing 

Thanksgiving Interim Housing Form- available in Late October

Summer Interim Information- The halls close Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 9 a.m. for Summer Break. Students are able to stay in interim housing until Sunday, November 27, 2022.

The Residence Halls will closes during Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Break. Current residents needing Housing over the break period, will need to fill out the form above. If the hall they currently live in is closed, they will be assigned an interim space in an open hall. Interim Housing rate is $18 per night. Residents shall be responsible for payment of $18 per night while they are occupying a space with their belongings, themselves, and/or in possession of the room key.

Cancellation Form

Residence Halls Spring 2023 Contract Release- available late Fall 2022

Please know that there are specific requirements to cancel the housing contract. Decisions on the contract cancellation will be sent to the student's Murray State email address. Students who do not meet the housing cancellation requirements will be denied and charged housing fee for Fall 2022 semester. Students must cancel by June 1st to receive a refund on their deposit for Fall semester and December 1st for Spring semester.

Please read carefully and fill out the form above. If you have any questions about this process, contact the Housing Office.

College Courts Spring 2023 Contract Release- available late Fall 2022

Please fill out the College Courts Cancellation form to cancel your current College Courts assignment for Summer and Fall 2022 or cancel your application for the 2022-2023 academic year. To receive a refund, minus any fees owed to Murray State, cancellations must be submitted by December 1st. If you have any questions please contact the Housing Office.

Summer School Housing

College Courts Summer Housing 2023 Reservation- available Spring 2023

Please fill out the College Courts Summer Reservation Housing Form if you are a current resident of College Courts. If you are an incoming student or not do not currently live in College Courts. Please contact the Housing Office with any questions before applying for summer. 

Residence Halls Summer Housing Reservation- available Spring 2023

Students applying to stay on campus for summer school MUST be enrolled in summer classes. Hester Hall will the summer school housing facility for Summer 2021. We will have a 24 hour desk operation throughout the summer as well as Resident Advisor, and Resident Director live in staff in the hall.  

Other Important Documents

Please visit Housing Requirements for any questions and more information on additional reasons for requesting an exemption.

Take the next step

© Murray State University Department of Web ManagementWe are Racers.