Student Success Center
The Student Success Center is here to help you on your pathway to success. We can support you through each checkpoint on your path from admission to Teacher Education into student teaching and through teacher certification.
For other questions or to schedule an appointment to meet via Zoom, email Annessa Roberts at email@example.com
We offer resources for Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (CASE) reading, writing and math exams and Praxis content tests.
Admission and Certification
- Attend Admission to Teacher Education Orientation
- Meet testing requirements (ACT or Praxis Core/CASE)
- 24 Credit Hours with a B or better in: ENG 101, 102 ,104, 105 or HON 150; COM 161 or HON 165; MAT 117 or higher; EDU 180 or equivalent
- Overall GPA of 2.75
- Complete admission interview with academic advisor
- Submit application after requirements have been met
- Attend Student Teaching Orientation two semesters prior to student teaching
- Granted admission to Teacher Education
- Maintain minimum 2.75 GPA's in major/areas, professional education and overall
- Demonstrate teaching ability in field and clinical studies
- Document completion of 200 or more field hours on Audit and Component Sheet and in Kentucky Field Experience Tracking System (KFETS)
- File application in Teacher Education Services two semesters prior to student teaching
- Completion of approved teacher education program including student teaching
- Obtain passing scores required on Praxis specialty area tests and the appropriate PLT
- Complete all applicable computer literacy and application requirements
- Earn bachelor's degree from Murray State University
- File application for certification (CA-1) with Teacher Education Services
For more information, visit Teacher Education Services homepage.
- If you are seeking admission to the teacher education program, you will need to take the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators test.
- If you are completing your teacher certification, you will need to take the tests required by your certification area.
- View Kentucky Test Requirements
You must wait 28 days before retaking a test. This includes individual sections of a multi-part test
Test scores must be sent to KDE/OELE (formerly EPSB) using code 7283 and Murray State University using code 1494.
ETS offers fee waivers to eligible students. Visit the ETS fee waiver webpage for more information.
Schedule appointment - firstname.lastname@example.org