Online Accelerated Program - Postsecondary Education
Accelerated online PSE
The accelerated online PSE program is designed for part-time distance learners who currently work as practitioners in the field of postsecondary education administration. Students enroll in one course every 8 weeks continuously for two years. Students and faculty engage in synonymous interaction through web conferencing software.
Prior Learning Credit Evaluation
Unique to the online accelerated program, students may be candidates for prior learning credit. Faculty in the PSE program recognize the valuable experiential learning full-time practitioners gain in the field. If interested, students are encouraged to submit an updated resume along with the other admissions materials. Ideal candidates are able to demonstrate the following:
- Progress of responsibilities in administrative capacity
- Managerial experience in an educational setting
- Exposure to a functional area’s budget
- Strategic planning experience
- Demonstration of systems thinking
Students will be asked to submit a prior learning portfolio, if faculty acknowledge a candidate demonstrates those professional characteristics. Portfolios consist of two sections: narrative and documents supporting the narrative. Faculty will review the portfolios to determine whether prior learning credit should be awarded to the student. Currently, two courses (6 credit hours) of the PSE curriculum are available for credit demonstration:
- PSE 755 Postsecondary Instructional Support Systems and
- PSE 760 Organization and Operations in Postsecondary Education.