Dr. Brittany Wood
- Ph.D., Washington State University
- MA, Washington State University
- MA, Dokuz Eylul University
- BA, University of Louisville
Teaching and Research Interests
- Comparative Politics
- Political Psychology
- Research Methods
- Turkish Politics
- POL 252 Comparative Politics
- POL 359 Writing and Inquiry in the Social Sciences
- POL 140 American National Government
- POL 454 Government and Politics in Asia
- POL 301/302 Model United Nations
Dr. Brittany Wood joined the faculty of Murray State University in the fall of 2020. Currently, she teaches courses in comparative politics and research methods. In addition to her teaching duties, Dr. Wood is the advisor for the Murray State Model UN Club. Her research interests lie in comparative politics, international relations, and political psychology. Specifically, her research agenda focuses on the international experiences of citizens and how these experiences influence their domestic political behavior, views of democratic institutions, and foreign policy opinions.
Dr. Wood received her PhD and MA from Washington State University with an emphasis in International Studies and Political Psychology. She also received an MA in International Relations from Dokuz Eylul University in Izmir, Turkey. Dr. Wood received her BA from the University of Louisville, majoring in History and minoring in Anthropology.
- Gilbertz, Susan, Brittany Wood, Christopher Craig, Ismail Karabas, Elizabeth Petrun Sayers & Benjamin McCormick (2022) Integrating and Evaluating Interdisciplinary Sustainability and STEM Curriculum in Geographical Education: A Case of Three Teaching Modalities, Journal of Geography, DOI: 10.1080/00221341.2022.2059099
- Karabas, Ismail, Nik Nikolov, & Brittany Wood. 2021. “The Effect of eWOM from Identity and Non-Identity Social Media on Movie Sales.” Journal of Managerial Issues 33:289-304.
Model United Nations Club
Dr. Wood is the faculty advisor for the Murray State Model UN Club. Model UN serves as a platform for students to learn about diplomacy, international relations, and the United Nations, as well as current world events. If you are interested in joining, please contact Dr. Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the MSU MUN website for more information.