- “Education for Ministry” sponsored by Sewanee School of Theology, University of the South 2011-Present
- Ph.D., Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 1999
- M.P.A., Murray State University, 1991
- B.A., The University of Tennessee at Martin, 1988
- Radical Ideas: Homilies and Reflections. Sikeston, MO: Acclaim Press, Forthcoming.
- A Testament of Grace: Sermons and Reflections. 2nd Edition. Jackson, TN: Main Street Publishing, 2014.
- “Impeaching Richard Nixon: Tennessee Congressman Ed Jones, Watergate, and the Politics of Triangulation, 1973-1974” The West Tennessee Historical Society Papers, Vol. LXX, 2016, 37-57.
- “A Fear and Loathing of Détente: Perspectives on Criticisms of Henry Kissinger in ‘The New Republic’ and “The National Review.” The Flinders Journal of History and Politics. Vol. 29, 2013, 113-136.
- “Deconstructing a Theology of Defiance: Black Preaching and the Politics of Racial Identity.” The Journal of Church and State. Vol.53 (2), Spring 2011, 203-221.
- “And You Should Have That Opportunity: The Desegregation of South Fulton High School, 1962.” Tennessee Historical Quarterly, Vol. LXIX, No. #1, Spring 2010, 66-87.
- “Geographical Indications, Beer, and Czech National Identity: A Historical Analysis of the Anheuser-Busch/Budejovicky Budvar Trademark Dispute.” The Journal of Business and Economic Perspectives, Vol. XXXV, No.#2, Fall 2009/Winter 2010, 27-38.
- The Management of Dissent: Responses to the Post Kent State Protests at Seven Public Universities in Illinois. University Press of America; October, 2002.
- "Re-conceiving the State and Economy: A Focus on Latin America." Delivered to the 23rd Third World Conference; the Swisshotel; Chicago, Illinois; March 28, 1996. Published in the Proceedings of the Third World Conference Foundation, Spring 1996.
- United States History to 1865
- United States History Since 1865
- World Civilizations and Cultures Before 1500
- World Civilizations and Cultures Since 1500
- American National Government
- U.S. Foreign Relations Since 1898
- History of Religion in America
- Survey of World Religions
- The World Since 1945
- The Modern Presidency
- The Social and Political Protests Movements of the 1960sAm
- American Foreign Policy
- Seminar in US History to 1865 (The Evolution of the American Presidency)
- Introduction to Religious Studies
- U.S. foreign policy during the Cold War;
- Vietnam War period;
- American Presidency;
- comparative world religions
Television and Radio
- Panelist: “The Electoral College” Kentucky Tonight (KET) November 14, 2012
- Panelist: “The 2012 Presidential Election” on “Connections with Renee Shaw” (KET) November 4, 2012
- “Pork, Pie, and Politics” (Kentucky Educational Television). August 7, 2012. Previewing the 2012 U.S. Presidential Election.
- Panelist: “Debating the Electoral College” “Kentucky Tonight,” (KET) June 25, 2012.
- Panelist: “Statewide Elections Preview” “Connections with Renee Shaw” (KET ). November 2011. October 31, 2011.
- Roundabout U: “Analysis of the Inauguration of President Barack Obama” (January 2009); “Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s Visit to Murray State University” (February 2011)
- Co-Host of “Café Jazz,” WKMS 91.3FM (February 2009-Present)
- KFVS TV 12: “The Campus Campaign” (October 2008)
- Official Broadcast Historian:” The Eisenhower Hour (Hosted by Dr. Bob)”; WKMS 91.3FM; Murray State University. (October 2007-Present)
- Public Affairs Commentator: WKMS 91.3FM; Murray State University (January 2006-Present)