- Ph.D., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2017
- M.A., St. John’s College, New Mexico, 2009
- B.S., Truman State University, 2005
- “Bigness, Brilliance, the Buddhi, and the Brāhmaṇya Yoked-Up King.” Journal of Hindu Studies (forthcoming)
- “Bliss and Bodily Disorientation: The Autophagous Mysticism of Georges Bataille and the Taittirīya Upaniṣad.” In Transformative Embodiment in Asian Religions: Subtle Body, Sensory Body, and Spatial Body (Routledge Press), edited by George Pati and Katherine Zubko, 2019.
- “The Autophagous Absolute: Revelations of Cosmic and Sovereign Violence in the Taittirīya Upaniṣad and the Bhagavad Gītā. ” Journal of Religion and Violence 6(1): 73-105, 2018.
- “The Identity of Person and World in Caraka Saṃhitā 4.5,” Journal of Indian Philosophy 45: 837-861, 2017.
- “In a Time Gone Mad: Indic Notions of Madness in the Mahābhārata and Beyond,” Journal of Hindu Studies 9: 111-144, 2016.
- “The Unconscious Mind.” In, Ghosts, Spirits, and Psychics: The Paranormal from Alchemy to Zombies. Edited by Matt Cardin. ABC-Clio Inc., 2015.
Research and Teaching Interests
- History of South Asia and South Asian Religions,
- Epic Literature of South Asia,
- Religion and Violence,
- Mortality Studies,
- Religion and Environmental Thought,
- History of Medicine,
- Spatial Theory,
- Body Theory.
- CIV 201 - World Civilizations and Cultures I
- RGS 200 - Introduction to Religious Studies
- HIS/RGS 309 - Survey of World Religions
- HIS 359 - Early India