"Since my 2001 study abroad program in Greece and Italy, one of my teaching objectives evolves from my passion for the Greek and Roman culture, literature, and philosophy. I want students to be as excited about the authors and their works as I am! I want them to understand how little the core of humanity has changed; therefore, they can learn from these ancient, medieval, and early modern writers and philosophers. I don't want to just teach content; I want to teach students to see how reading and writing can influence their lives."
- M.A., English, Murray State University
- B.S., English; Minor, Speech Communication, Murray State University
- Certificate, Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), San Diego State University
- ENG 105: Critical Reading, Writing, and Inquiry Student Guide. Southlake: Fountainhead Press, 2010-11.
Areas of Specialization
- Composition and Research
- Western Humanities
- Writing Across the Disciplines
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- White Residential College, Murray State University, 2009-Present
- Alpha Sigma Lambda, Eta Delta Chapter, Murray State University, 2000-Present
- Gamma Beta Phi Society, Murray State University, 2000-Present
- Kentucky Special Olympics Organization, Louisville, Kentucky, 1997-Present