"We should love both: those whose opinion we follow, and those whose opinion we reject. For both have applied themselves to the quest for the truth, and both have helped us in it."
– St. Thomas Aquinas Commentary on Aristotle's Metaphysics XII.9 (trans. Rosemann)
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Montclair State University
- "Aristotle on Happiness and Death." Southwest Philosophy Review
- "Preconceptions and Epistemic Priority." Ancient Philosophy 27 (2007): 371-390.
- "Review of Epictetus and Happiness as Freedom by William O. Stephens." Ancient Philosophy 29 (2009): 468-471.
- PHI 103 Critical Thinking
- PHI 202 Ethics
- PHI 304 History of Philosophy I: Ancient/Medieval
- PHI 308 Metaphysics
- PHI 321 Philosophy of Religion
Areas of Specialization
- History of Ancient Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religion
Leadership and Service
- Coordinator, Philosophy Program
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Philosophical Association
- American Catholic Philosophical Association
- Society of Christian Philosophers
- Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy