Learn more about Paul Walker's Works
"I try to help students recognize writing as not just a skill, but a method of inquiry that leads to a richer understanding of the world and its complexities. Writing to inquire allows us to explore how our perspectives connect with the ideas of others, while making us more adept at communicating those ideas in various situations."
- Ph.D., Arizona State University
- M.A., Northern Arizona University
- B.A., Brigham Young University
- Writing in Context: Composition in First-Year Learning Communities. New York: Hampton, 2013
- Walker, Paul. “She Dreams in Burkean Color (Or, On Rhetoric and Writing Pedagogy) Enculturation 25 (2017).
- Walker, Paul. “Let’s Disagree (to Agree): Disrupting the Rhetoric of Agreement in Writing Assessment.” Composition Forum 35 (2017).
- Walker, Paul. “A Rhythmic Refrain: Britain’s Mass-Observation as Rhetorical Assemblage.” Rhetoric Review 35.3 (2016): 212-225.
- "Composition's Akrasia: The Devaluing of Intuitive Expertise in Writing Assessment." Enculturation 15 (2013).
- "Pausing to Reflect: Mass Observation, Blogs, and Composing Everyday Life." composing (media) = composing (embodiment). Ed. Kristin Arola and Anne Wisocki. Logan, UT: Utah State UP, 2012.
- "Robert Moses vs. Charles Abrams: Rhetorics of Urban Shelter." Rhetoric Review 31.3 (2012): 289-308.
- ENG 105 Critical Reading, Writing and Inquiry
- ENG 150 Honors Rhetoric, Composition and Research
- ENG 226 Argument and Discourse
- ENG 371 Literature and the Environment
- ENG 627 Rhetoric and Professional Writing
- ENG 629 Project Design and Usability
- HUM 211 Western Humanities Tradition
Areas of Specialization
- Professional and Technical Writing
- New Media
Awards and Distinctions
- CHFA Award for Creative and Scholarly Activity, Murray State University, 2013
- Murray State University Outstanding Research Award, 2013
Leadership and Service
- Co-Director, Purchase Area Writing Project
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Council of Writing Program Administrators