Rebecca M. Rosen
- PhD, Princeton University
- MA, Princeton University
- MSt, University of Oxford
- BA, Barnard College, Columbia University
- Review: “Narrative Medicine in Education, Practice, and Interventions” Anders Juhl Rasmussen, Anne-Marie Mai, and Helle Ploug Hansen, Eds. (Anthem Press: 2023), Synapsis: An Online Health Humanities Journal, 29 May 2023.
- “Toppling the Ladder: The Patriarch’s Foundation and Fantasies of Reproductive Resurrection,” Synapsis: An Online Health Humanities Journal, 17 March 2022.
- “‘The Voice of the innocent Blood cries aloud from the Ground to Heaven’: Speaking and Discovering Infanticide in the Early American Northeast,” Early American Literature, 57.1, 2022.
- “Synthetic Life: Anatomy, Paternity, and Personhood in Star Trek: Picard,” Synapsis: An Online Health Humanities Journal, 14 February 2021.
- “Copying Hannah Griffitts: Poetic Circulation and the Quaker Community of Scribes,” Michele Lise Tarter and Catie Gill, eds., New Critical Studies on Early Quaker Women: 1650-1800 (Oxford University Press, 2018).
- ENG 105: Critical Reading, Writing and Inquiry (BIPOC Contemporary American Women Writers)
- ENG 311: American Literature to 1865
- ENG 320: Survey of African American Literature
Areas of Specialization
- Multiethnic Early American Literature
- Native American Literature
- African American Literature
- Literature and Medicine/Medical Humanities
Awards and Distinctions
- Richard Beale Davis Prize for 2022, Awarded Fall 2023
- AAS-NEH Fellowship, American Antiquarian Society, February-May 2023
- Junior Scholar of the Month, Society of Early Americanists, January 2018
- Helfand Medicine, Science and Society Fellowship, Library Company of Philadelphia, August 2017
- McNeil Center for Early American Studies Consortium Dissertation Fellowship, 2016-2017
Leadership and Service
- Coordinator, Medical and Health Humanities Minor and Certificate
- Co-Coordinator, American Studies Minor
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- The Society of Early Americanists
- C19: The Society of Nineteenth-Century Americanists
- Modern Language Association
- The American Studies Association